1. Checkout the Markets A daily Parisian ritual is to rumble through the open air markets to buy fresh food. A not to be missed market is on Rue Montorgueil beginning at Rue Rambuteau (Metro: Les Halles).
2. Flower Market in Ille de la Cite There is no better way to make your home feel like yours than with fresh flowers purchased along the Seine.
3. Fauchon Gourmet Shopping with over 20,000 specialty food items from all over the globe is a guaranteed way to hone your kitchen skills or bring out your inner chef.
4. Roam Montmartre Yes, it’s touristy and by some standards overrated but it’s still Paris at its best so wander and enjoy the Sacre Coeur.
5. Six Feet Under Bring flowers and pay respects to legendary Americans who called Paris home or in Jim Morrison’s case died in Paris. The most famous cemetery in the world Pere Lachaise is worth the visit.
6. Stroll the Seine If you are fortunate to be sharing your apartment with someone, nothing rekindles a romance faster than a stroll along the Seine ANY time of day
7. Tea Time England is famous for tea but a Parisian Tea Salon is an experience. Visit the Angelina or Bertillion and experience true tea time grandeur not a soggy watercress sandwich.
8. Write the Great American Novel Thrive on the inspiration from lingering in a caf exploring your inner demons and admiring the enchanting Parisians. It worked for Hemingway.
9. Opera Visit one of the grand opera houses even if you don’t like Opera. The grandeur and people watching in the Bastille and Garnier are wonderful stories you can bring back home
10.Window Shop like a Parisian The ultra expensive Parisian shops on Fauborg-St. Honore such as Hermes, Dior, LaRoche, Courreges, Cardin and Saint Laurent are a decadent treat…maybe one day